- Brings superior performance of electronic controls from 6 to 15 tonne vehicle GVW. The engine and transmission communicate by a powerful microprocessor providing precise, perfectly timed shifts whatever the road or load conditions. Standard features include lock-up operation in second to fifth range and helical gearing for reduced transmission noise.
- The 2000 Series transmission is designed for commercial trucks and smaller buses with gross weights up to 15,000 kilos (33,000lbs). The transmission increases torque capacity for higher powered vehicles within a lighter weight package. Adaptive technology ensures that optimum performance is maintained at all times. It also enables the transmission to compensate for variations in driving conditions, such as loads, drivers and traffic patterns. Standard features include the availability of close and wide ratio gearing and a turbine-driven PTO provision with optional neutral lock-up.
- Is flexible enough to work in a wide variety of vehicles, designed with a choice of close ratio for city streets and highway driving and wide ratio for construction and refuse applications. The torque converter results in better startability, particularly on gradients and an optional output retarder provides effective auxiliary and vehicle braking.
- Allison Transmission’s 4000 Series is designed to make heavy-duty vehicles operate smoothly and efficiently. Allison’s 4000 Series is built for productivity and reliability to deliver both performance and fuel efficiency. With high horsepower and torque ratings making heavy duty commercial vehicles more productive and easier to drive. With Allison electronic controls a 4000 Series can adapt to operate efficiently in a wide variety of conditions for superior performance in severe applications. Programming options can be set to prevent gear engagement whilst the auxiliary equipment is in operation.
- An ideal choice for city buses and coaches, advanced electronic controls ensures efficient operation in all kinds of terrain and inner city traffic. The torque converter operation and close ratio gears optimise engine efficiency. The early lock-up engagement with "closed loop" adaptive controls ensures outstanding shift quality.
- The 5000, 6000, 8000, and 9000 Off-Highway Series transmissions are used in applications requiring 298 kW to 1678 kW (400 to 2250 horsepower) engines. Applications are diverse and include oil-field pumping and fracturing units, off-highway trucks, agricultural tractors, and winch units such as those on derricks and cranes.